Job Title: Project Officer, Uttar Pradesh
Number of Post/s: 01
Tenure of Employment: The appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for one year, renewable for subsequent years based on annual performance evaluation.
Duty Location: Fatehpur, Uttar Pradesh
Closing date: 10th October 2017
Reports to: Asst. Project Manager, Centre for Education and Communication (CEC)
Centre for Education and Communication (CEC) invites applications for the position of Project officer, Uttar Pradesh, for its work in UP that manages, supervises and coordinates overall project activities in UP in consultation with Project Manager (PM) and Assistant Project Manager (APM) towards achieving the project objectives of the EU-funded project, ‘Empowering CSOs for Decent work and Green bricks in India’s brick kilns’.
Background: Centre for Education and Communication (CEC) is implementing a project, ‘Empowering CSOs for Decent work and Green bricks in India’s brick kilns’ in collaboration with Prayas, Rajasthan and terre des homes, Germany. The project is funded by European Union (EU) under its Civil Society Organisations in Development: Capacity Development and Promotion of Diversity for Inclusive, Sustainable Growth in India Call.
Project is for 48 months beginning January 2016.
The Project Officers will be primarily responsible for managing, supervising and coordinating overall project activities in UP in consultation with Project Manager (PM) and Assistant Project Manager (APM) towards achieving the project objectives.
• Visit brick kilns of the project locations on a regular basis, develop enduring relationship with the stakeholders and ensure that the project activities are on track.
• Strengthen Brick kiln workers collective through capacity building/hand holding.
• Work in coordination with the brick kiln workers collective to develop and strengthen the “Labour Exchange”
• Liaise and network with all relevant stakeholder including relevant central and state government departments, the human/child/labour rights CSOs; environmental CSOs; kiln workers in the source & destination states; brick kiln owners; scientific community, technology innovators, experts& trainers, local authorities.
• Liaise with Project Managers to maintain effective communication between both.
• Periodic reporting of activities, in the required format to agreed timetable.
• Documenting and maintaining reports on all activities, including working with the Project Managers to ensure that the experience and lessons learned from this initiative are documented and shared with all stakeholders and interested parties in India and with the EU.
• Ensure that the visibility requirements in the contract with the EU are maintained
• Maintain a proper accounting system and record keeping.
• Take regular updates about all day to day administrative activities
Project management (essential)
• Experience of planning and delivering on-the ground project activities, to an agreed workplan and within budget.
Stakeholder management: (essential)
• Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders including relevant central and state government departments, the human/child/labour rights CSOs; environmental CSOs; kiln workers in the source & destination states; Worker collective, Labour exchange, brick kiln owners; scientific community, technology innovators, experts& trainers, local authorities.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong Networking and Coordination skill.
Training and facilitation (essential)
• Facilitating training sessions for brick kiln entrepreneurs and brick kiln workers.
Skills and qualities (essential)
• Ability to work on own, and take responsibility for own work programme.
• Self-assured and ability to work under pressure and in challenging situations.
• Positive, service oriented style.
• 3-5 years experience preferably in similar role
• Post Graduate or higher in social sciences, law or environmental sciences
The positions offer a competitive salary.
If you feel you are the right candidate, please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com on or before October 10, 2017 along with (i) a letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the CEC, (ii) detailed and updated CV, (iii) names and contact details (including e-mail address) of two references; (v) a colour photograph.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.